Townhall Lettings manages two broad categories of accommodation.
The first category includes properties owned by private landlords and let exclusively to single people facing homelessness– described here. No fees or charges are payable by current or prospective tenants, or by landlords, with regard to this category.
The second category is property owned by Cambridge City Housing Company, for which the current list of fees and charges is as follows (per tenancy):
- £150 one-off sign-up fee for a sole tenant who successfully applies for a property.
- £200 one-off sign-up fee for joint tenants who successfully apply for a property.
For avoidance of doubt, we do not charge fees:
- upon renewal of an existing tenancy (‘contract renewal fee’);
- upon an unsuccessful application for a property;
- if one member of the partnership leaves the accommodation and the tenancy becomes a sole tenancy granted to the remaining partner;
- upon the end of a tenancy (‘check-out’ fee or ‘early termination’ fee);
- to ‘reserve’ a property before signing a tenancy agreement (‘holding deposit’).
We do not ask for guarantors in respect of any of our properties.
If you have any more questions about our fee structure then please contact us.